MONTBLANC No 25 Black Hard Rubber (BHR) step lever filler fountain pen
w/ unusual « SWAN » type Montblanc clip. Circa 1923 – 1925
MONTBLANC No 25 Black Hard Rubber (BHR) step lever filler fountain pen w/ unusual « SWAN » type Montblanc clip. Circa 1923 – 1925.
Montblanc pens with lever-filling systems are quite rare. Montblanc introduced this system in 1921 and continued to produce lever fillers until 1929, employing a variety of lever types (the one mounted on this specimen is a step lever).
- Cap imprint: Mont Blanc.
- Barrel’s Imprint: SIMPLO Original Montblanc.
- Blind cap marked #25 – M.
- Big MB top cap star.
- 18 Ct Montblanc #25 heart hole nib.
- The Montblanc Diary & Collector’s Guide, Jens Rösler, pp. 40 – 41
- Fountain Pens of the World, Andreas Lambrou, p. 253 where a #1 long Montblanc w/ lever filler and the same “SWAN” type clip is depicted
- Fountain pens: The collector’s guide to selecting, identifying, buying and enjoying fountain pens, Jonathan Steinberg, Eagle Edition, 2002, p. 69. The Author says “Montblanc pens with lever-filling systems are extremely rare”.
For more information, details and pricing